Right now I want to participate in two linky parties going on out there. Fern Smith is hosting a party to show you top three blog posts of 2011.
I wasn't sure I should post because my numbers aren't high, but here are my "Top Three" anyway:
Kristin and Hadar. It's a fun way to find out more about fellow bloggers.
This isn't easy. Last January my husband I went to the Santa Barbara International Film Festival and saw a documentary called Troubadors about James Taylor and Carole King. That was fabulous! The footage of the first time James Taylor played "Fire and Ice" publicly gave me goosebumps. We also saw Restrepo, a documentary about soldiers in Afganistan. Not a pick me up film but it was well done and thought (and tear) provoking for sure. As for a fun movie, I have to admit that I loved Horrible Bosses. I've had one two and it made me laugh so hard.
10. Favorite TV SeriesThat's easier. I would choose Parenthood, oh wait, no, Big Bang Theory, no wait, oh I guess it's not so easy after all.
9. Favorite RestaurantThis one really is easy, I swear. It's Rooney's Irish Pub. Everything we've had there has been so delicious and the restaurant is pretty inside too.
8. Favorite New Thing You TriedDefinitely blogging!
7. Favorite Gift You ReceivedMy ipad for sure.
6. Favorite Thing you PinnedProbably this project, although I've found so many terrific school and non-school things.
5. Favorite Blog PostMath Work Station Freebie because I was so excited that I'd created the game.
4. Favorite AccomplishmentStarting my blog. It's given me so much enjoyment and the teacher blogging community is one I'm proud to be part of.
3. Favorite Picture
2. Favorite MemoryMany good memories came to mind, but one stands out since it had to do with the worst part of the year. We nearly lost our little 1 1/2 year old kitty to kidney problems in late July. We cried and worried and took him to the vet every 2 weeks for a while to be checked. When the vet said in September that his kidney values had stabilized and he was healthy, I cried again. He's still doing well. I clearly remember that vet visit. I was so happy!
1. Goals for 2012School goal: To make more activities to supplement my curriculum so that my kiddos can be more active and do fewer worksheets.
Home goal: To make going to the gym a regular thing again.