Two Linky Parties

I'm really enjoying this vacation! I'm sitting on the couch right now listening to an I   Radio station from Austin, Texas. This couldn't be more relaxing. Tomorrow I'll get more done than just blogging. Has anybody been back to school yet? I'll probably go tomorrow and then maybe not have to go back anymore. There are bulletin boards, copies to be made, and desks to be moved around. It will be fun to get some of my January projects ready too.
Right now I want to participate in two linky parties going on out there. Fern Smith is hosting a party to show you top three blog posts of 2011.
I wasn't sure I should post because my numbers aren't high, but here are my "Top Three" anyway:

 What are your Top Three?


The other great linky party is being hosted by Kristin and Hadar. It's a fun way to find out more about fellow bloggers.


This isn't easy. Last January my husband I went to the Santa Barbara International Film Festival and saw a documentary called Troubadors about James Taylor and Carole King. That was fabulous! The footage of the first time James Taylor played "Fire and Ice" publicly gave me goosebumps. We also saw Restrepo, a documentary about soldiers in Afganistan. Not a pick me up film but it was well done and thought (and tear) provoking for sure. As for a fun movie, I have to admit that I loved Horrible Bosses. I've had one two and it made me laugh so hard.


10. Favorite TV Series
That's easier. I would choose Parenthood, oh wait, no, Big Bang Theory, no wait, oh I guess it's not so easy after all.
9. Favorite Restaurant
This one really is easy, I swear. It's Rooney's Irish Pub. Everything we've had there has been so delicious and the restaurant is pretty inside too.
8. Favorite New Thing You Tried
Definitely blogging!
7. Favorite Gift You Received
My ipad for sure.
6. Favorite Thing you Pinned
Probably this project, although I've found so many terrific school and non-school things.
from http://ourartlately.blogspot.com/2010/11/are-you-up-for-winter.html
5. Favorite Blog Post
Math Work Station Freebie because I was so excited that I'd created the game.
4. Favorite Accomplishment
Starting my blog. It's given me so much enjoyment and the teacher blogging community is one I'm proud to be part of.
3. Favorite Picture
This is a picture of my husband and I when we went to the ballet to see The Nutcracker. We had never done that before and it was spectacular. I love sharing that story with my class every year.
2. Favorite Memory
Many good memories came to mind, but one stands out since it had to do with the worst part of the year. We nearly lost our little 1 1/2 year old kitty to kidney problems in late July. We cried and worried and took him to the vet every 2 weeks for a while to be checked. When the vet said in September that his kidney values had stabilized and he was healthy, I cried again. He's still doing well. I clearly remember that vet visit. I was so happy!
1. Goals for 2012
School goal: To make more activities to supplement my curriculum so that my kiddos can be more active and do fewer worksheets.
Home goal: To make going to the gym a regular thing again.

 Chrissy

8 comments

  1. I really enjoy your blog, Chrissy! And I'm happy to hear your sweet kitty is feeling better....I got an iPad, too. I LOVE it.
    Take care.

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up!!
    So happy to hear about your kitty. That is awesome and a miracle. :)
    I want an iPad. Really bad!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great teacher goal! I would love for you to come check out my blog!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is
    Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball of Fur!
    I have so hooked on Big Bang! Great news on your Kitty! :)
    Thank you for linking up at my Linky Party and letting your readers know about it too!
    I loved seeing your top three posts. I am now following you EVERYWHERE!
    Happy New Year,
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith’s Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Fern. You cracked me up with the "Soft Kitty" song. I can't stop smiling!
     Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go to the Nutcracker every year with my mom and grandma! It's the best Christmas tradition ever. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissy, I love your blog and am now following you right back! {insert evil laugh}
    2B Honey Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw The Nutcracker from a 3rd row seat at TWU. I had a kinder and his dad in it - so beautiful. I'm your newest follower from the 11-11 linky party. Hope you can visit me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much!

Back to Top