A Good Kind of Drama

Happy... what day is it? Thursday, I think. It's summertime and one of my favorite things is not having to keep much of a schedule. 

Today I decided to link up to Barbara's first linky party- woohoo!!! She picked a very interesting topic and one I've never seen a linky party for. It's drama lessons! To be honest, teaching drama scares me. I have wanted to do a play with my class for a few years now. Really wanted to do it with my super class last year. But I'm just afraid. A few years ago I bought the play Goldilocks and the Three Bears from Bad Wolf Press. Their slogan is "musical plays for musically timid teachers." (Here I am, raising my hand!) Another teacher at my school told me about it. The play is funny because it involves characters from other well-known stories and isn't just a straight retelling of the story. I played the music for my class and they adored it and sang along after hearing it a few times. But that's as far as I got. So I'm taking the lead from Barbara, sharing this idea of where to get a play, and hoping I get braver next year. "I think I can, I think I can."


 They have plays for all grades spanning all curriculum areas.

I hope this helps you get started with drama for your students or helps you find something new. 







Thanks for getting this started, Barbara!


4 comments

  1. That sounds so interesting!! I am definitely not musically inclined. I use a lot of music, but I don't sound good singing it lol. :) I am off to check out Bad Wolf Press!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE to incorporate music; what a fun slogan!

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome resource, Chrissy! I was just over there. I'm putting their button on my sidebar so I don't forget. I'm going to order one of their plays for sure. They look like so much fun.
    Thank you VERY much for linking up!
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog! Come visit our blog sometime. Your newest follower, Stephanie http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much!

Back to Top