Currently...

Wow! Farley is so together. She's already put out the new Currently and it's not quite January yet. This template is so pretty too! I decided to break the one post per day rule. Since I was sooo late getting to my last Currently, I'll be early this time. I was just thinking that I should go back and read all my Currently's. It would be an interesting way to look back on the last year and half of blogging, don't you think?
Here's my new one:

Listening: to the dishwasher. The house is nice and quiet and the kitchen is cleaned up and ready for company tonight. Everything's ready for dinner and I'm taking a break/

Loving: mornings without the alarm clock. I'm not a morning person. In fact it would be okay with me if school started at 9:00 and went till between 3 and 4:00. I'm still waking up before 8:00, but it beats 5:45.

Thinking, Wanting, and Needing: These past couple of days I've felt very stressed. Worried is a better word. Our little kitty Stevie (the one who is blind and already has had kidney problems in the first 2 1/2 years of his life) now appears to be having an allergic reaction to something. We left Dec. 23 and came back home on the 26th. The skin on his head and his ears was red. Turns out he has a rash all over his body. The vet thinks maybe he got bit by a spider. So he got a shot of benadryl on Saturday. We tried many times yesterday to give him part of a benadryl pill, but could NOT get him to take it. So we took him back to the vet today and he got another shot. We have to give him shots tomorrow too and I'm jut hoping this makes him better. He's been through so much in his little life already. And I just don't like to think he's uncomfortable.

One Little Word: Mine is "creative" because I want to be more creative this year and design more activities for school and maybe do craft projects at home too. 

I've seen some other great "little words" out there in blogland. What's yours? Hope you'll link up with Farley so I can read your Currently and find out!


Happy New Year to You!


17 comments

  1. I also had a busy day in the kitchen today! Happy New Year! I'm your newest follower. Hailey from Autism Tank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissy! Just stopping by per Farley's request! You were the one to link up right after me. I'm loving your blog...I'm a former first grade teacher...:) I enjoyed reading your Currently and we have one thing in common! I am not a morning person either and would love those same school hours!!! Stop by for a visit sometime and have a blessed and happy new year!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say I hope and pray for Stevie to get well soon! Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you. I hope he's better soon too. I'm off to check out your blog. Thanks for coming by.
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  4. Hi Chrissy! I'm sorry to hear about your fur baby! It is so hard when they don't feel well because they can't tell you what's wrong. :( Hope he feels better soon!
    I also hate waking up to an alarm! I don't so much mind waking up early as long as it's on my own. Hang in there! Summer will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the positive thoughts for our little guy.Have a great new year!
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about your kiitie's health issues, I have cats and it is so hard when they have problems. I hope he gets better soonPoor little guy. I am also dreading the early morning wake up on Wednesday.

    HappyNewYear. I enjoy your blog.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope your first day back is a good one. Thanks for the good wishes for our little Stevie.
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  6. Awe Hope your kitty feels better soon! My pup is a bit under the weather, but luckily its just a cold. I love you word, "creative". It's definitely a goal of mine to be more creative. I just don't have the patience (more so when it comes to doing things on the computer! haha)

    Cheers to 2013!

    Ashley
    Primary Teacherhood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope both our pets are better soon. Take care! I'm off to check out your blog. Thanks for stopping by.
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  7. Happy new year my creative friend:))
    I sure hope your baby is better soon. It's tough when your little friends aren't well cause they can't tell you exactly what's bothering them. I'll think good healthy thoughts for your kitty.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Stevie is better soon too. This is a bit of a mystery. He's had so many issues in his little life that he doesn't need one more. Hope Max is doing well. Happy New Year, Barb!
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  8. I’m your newest follower thanks to Currently. My biggest dissapointment is that I continued to wake up at about the same time I normally do for the whole break (which ends as of Thursday)...I usually wake up before my alarm clock during the work week as well. How lame is that!?!? My new years resolution should be to train myself to sleep in! I hope your kitty feels better soon!
    Teacher Gone Digital

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following my blog. And thanks for the good wishes for our little kitty. Happy New Year!
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  9. I hope your kitty is doing better as well. It's no fun being itchy! I wish I still didn't have an alarm clock to wake up to-but I still have a canine version that doesn't understand the meaning of vacation! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! We found your blog through Farley's Linky...saw your name and loved it and had to stop by! We're your newest followers.

    My dog, Georgie, is on Benadryl for allergies, and the vet recommended the Benadryl sheets that dissolve on the tongue. Not sure if that would help you or not. I hope Steve feels better!

    We're having a giveaway, we'd love it if you stopped by to enter.

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much!

Back to Top