Valentine's Day Picture Book Linky Party (& a class book freebie)

Happy Valentine's Day (in advance)!
Looking at my books Friday afternoon made me think it was time for this linky party. Please join up! I enjoy the books I have, but I know you have some fabulous ones too and it's always fun to buy new books!!
Just copy this image to your blog, share some of your favorite books, and link up below.

Perhaps my personal Valentine favorite is this book
 It's such a sweet story about caring for other people. Here is the Amazon.com description:
"One wintry day, a postman delivers a mysterious package with a big pink bow to a lonely man named Mr. Hatch.
"Somebody loves you," the note says.
"Somebody loves me!" Mr. Hatch sings as he dusts his living room. "Somebody loves me!" Mr. Hatch whistles as he does his errands in town. "But who," Mr. Hatch wonders, "could that somebody be?"
After some time, Mr. Hatch discovers just who his secret admirer is and, in doing so, enjoys the biggest surprise of his life!"


 And I can't resist Diane DeGroat's books. My students get excited when they see Gilbert!
 Here's the Amazon.com description:
"When Gilbert writes two not-so-nice valentines to his classmates, his prank quickly turns into pandemonium. But there's always time for a change of heart on Valentine's Day." I love the rhymes. It would be fun to have older students write rhymes for their valentine's.


This book is nice, short read about giving valentines. I use it to introduce Valentine's Day and the idea of passing out valentines. Years ago another teacher gave me the idea to have my little firsties address their valentines by just wrtiting who the card is from, not who it is for. That way the kids can easily walk around and drop their valentines into whatever containers we've made.


Of course there's always Splat!


And I just bought a craftivity from Teri at A Cupcake for the Teacher that I can't wait to use!

I thought I'd share a class book idea with you too. It's fun and simple but makes a cute bulletin board until I take it down and bind it into a book.The book is called "First It Was a Heart, Then It Was a _____." You can grab this freebie by clicking on the picture.
cute background papers are from Barbara @ rubyslippersblogdesigns.blogspot.com

Here are some of the pages my students created today. 









The cover and two different pages you can use are here as a freebie. Just click on the pic and leave me a sweet comment and it's all yours! I created each page version with the heart upside down and right side up so your students could use them either way.

Happy Valentine's Day!
I look forward to reading about your favorite Valentine's Day books!


13 comments

  1. First it was a heart... is so creative and allows the students a wonderful opportunity to exercise their own creativity. Thanks for sharing!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some very creative students! I'm doing a similar activity today-we'll see how it goes. :) The Mr. Hatch book looks sweet, I'll have to check that out.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch looks like a sweet book. I'm going to pin it.
    Now I need to dig out my Valentine books and join the party:)

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to find your blog! It's really cute! I will join this linky after I get back to school and get get some pictures! I do a weekly activity called Think Outside the Box and next week is a heart. They turn it into something else. I will use your class book idea for it! Thank you for sharing!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I'd love to learn more about your Think Outside the Box activity. I'm hopping over to check out your blog. Glad you stopped by!
      -Chrissy

      Delete
  5. Cute hearts! Sorry it took me so long to come visit. I've been on a bit of a blogging break. (I've been enjoying my 2 y/o daughter too much to be glued to the computer.) I'm a new follower. Thanks for stopping by.

    Mike
    First Upon A Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike! Your daughter's lucky to have such a devoted dad. Take care!
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  6. I love the heart activity, so doing that. I linked up with your book party and I am your newest follower. I can't believe that I wasn't following you already, crazy.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is adorable! I love the creative heart activity, such a fun way to use a shape in new ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet books! Thanks for sharing! You just reminded me that after all the photos I took today, I forgot to grab one of the books we are reading!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe
    Celebrate and Join my 100th Follower Ultimate Giveaway: Skype Author Visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is ADORABLE!! And thank for the fun freebie! I will use it next year!
    Kerri B
    Teacher bits and Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! I love that 'First I was a' book. How adorable!! :) Thanks for sharing that! Hope you enjoyed the long weekend!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much!

Back to Top