Currently in March!

It's March already? Oh my gosh! I missed last month's Currently, so I wanted to be sure to do this one. Here it goes:


LISTENING: Coast Guard Alaska is so interesting! That surprises me. I didn't expect to enjoy it so much. What those men and women do is just remarkable. Recently I found out that one of my kindergarten students who was also in my class in first grade is going into the Navy this summer and wants to be a rescue swimmer. He's grown into such a wonderful young man and I'm so proud to know him. It's so much fun to know some of my students as adults.

LOVING: My students are having so much fun with our latest writing unit! I'm having fun seeing them produce quality writing and enjoying it at the same time. If you're looking for an opinion writing unit for your kiddos, I recommend Share Your Opinion from Tania over at My Second Sense. The way she laid out the format for writing is working really well in my room. Thank you, Tania!

THINKING: Ugh, report cards. I brought home lots of paperwork to sort through, but tomorrow's a minimum day meant for report card prep. So I think my bag will stay right by the door where I put when I walked in. I'll search the web for fun art projects instead :)

WANTING: Ha! Ha! I always want warm, gooey brownies.

NEEDING: a few days off just to recharge a bit. There are several books on the shelf just waiting for me! Any recommendations? Especially mysteries.

SPRING BREAK PLANS: relaxing, reading, cleaning, and maybe enjoying one of those warm, gooey brownies!

Hope you have a spectacular week! I'm off to check out other Currently's. Thanks for popping by!


5 comments

  1. Since you like warm, gooey brownies AND mysteries...I recommend Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swenson series...the newest one just came out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you like warm, gooey brownies AND mysteries...I recommend Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swenson series...the newest one just came out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want brownies, thanks!! haha :) Love your blog. I teach 5th grade, and I absolutely love teaching writing as well. I bet it is interesting reading those first graders' writings!
    A Touch of Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissy,

    Report cards are never easy, are they? I spend probably too much time on them and I wish I could be more efficient about getting them done. I love your little characters on the beach in your header. Super cute! Hope your spring break is relaxing!

    Laura
    Ms. Pretzel's 2nd Grade Bugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissy! I have to say I'm SO glad my reports are finished. Yay! They go home tomorrow and spring break starts Friday. Good luck with yours ... I'm very envious that you get a short day? to prep for them. We don't get anything like that.
    Another good mystery writer is JD Robb, the Death series. Some are kind of creepy but the characters are all really fun to follow.

    BL Designs
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much!

Back to Top