Classroom Reveal 2015!


Friday finished my 4th day of school. My class is so sweet! We played our first partner math game Friday and they did a great job! Everyone was cooperative and had lots of fun. Well, one pair had a slight disagreement but for the 4th day of school I was thrilled to see them playing so nicely with each other. 
I hadn't gotten around to posting pics of my finished classroom before school started so here they are today- better late than never, right? This year my classroom is decorated with frogs and yellow and lime green polka dots.
Sorry about the glare, it was the best I could do. The calendar pieces are little light and dark green frogs in an AB pattern.
I love the look of pennant banners for bulletin board headings to I made these in lime and yellow polka dots.

This is right behind my reading table. Everything I'll need for my small groups.
I love having stuffed animals in my room! They're so cute and later they'll be reading buddies for Daily 5.


That larger empty bulletin board is for writing.  This is where I'll post anchor charts and student work. We'll start Writer's Workshop tomorrow. I'm excited! Hopefully this group will love it as much as last year's. Closer up the banner looks like this. You can get it free- just click on the pic. I'd really appreciate if you'd leave a comment below too!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WlMNXUXAS2emRJSENXcXY0OE0/view?usp=sharing

 We did our If You Take a Mouse to School writing. I love this because it's cute and fun and the kids really enjoy it! I go over how to do the whole thing and then let them work. It also tells me SO much about their abilities. It's one of my favorite assessments. You can read more about it {HERE}.

My mom paint kids hand to make these flowers. After school she painted each child's name above the flower. It gives kids a place to put their jackets and lunchboxes during recess. Plus it looks fun!

Thanks for taking a tour of my home away from home! Leave a link to your classroom photos in a comment and I'll be sure to stop by!

Off to plan the coming week. What else would I do on a Sunday afternoon?


3 comments

  1. Your room looks great!! You have such high ceilings. I love those flower hands ...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great!! You have such high ceilings. I love those flower hands ...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very bright and cheerful, Chrissy! I love those hands, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much!

Back to Top