Word Work Freebies

It's 2013! And since I chose "creative" as my one little word, here's the first step toward that goal. These are 5 short vowel word work sheets. I call them Write, Read, Draw. First students write the beginning sound, read the word, and then draw a picture of the word.

I first posted one of these last February for long e. You can get it {HERE}. In December I posted another one on long A and you can get that {HERE}. That one's actually my second most-viewed post. So it's probably about time I finish up some more of these.

This is the short vowel pack. Just click on the picture and leave a comment, please, if you download it.  I hope you find it useful. I used it as review for my students and they really enjoyed it. Some of the words are a little tricky to draw pictures of, but 13 of my 21 students are EL kiddos and with some thought, they figured out a picture they could draw. If I see a picture and I can't tell how it shows the word, I'll ask them. Usually they reach for the eraser immediately (and I try to ask questions of their correct answers too, really I do!). I have to assure them that I just want to hear how they think their picture shows the word. It's fun to listen to their reasons for some of the pictures! They almost always make sense with the word.

 http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/First-Grade-Found-Me-Chrissy-Heath

Before I go, here's a picture of our little Stevie. He went back to the vet for a steroid shot today to hopefully, hopefully, stop this allergic reaction he's having. He says "thanks" for wishing him well.



Have a wonderful day!



9 comments

  1. These are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing, Chrissy! :)

    -GAYLA
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gayla! Glad you stopped by.
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  2. What a cute cat! My fiance and I hope to get one in the coming weeks...so excited. I'm a cat girl ;)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with your new kitty. Thanks for stopping by!
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  3. These are great, Chrissy. Thank you so much. I'm going to start using them next week.
    I hope your little Stevie (I love his sweet name) is feeling better soon!
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad those sheets might be useful. I think yesterday's vet visit did the trick! Stevie is back to his normal coloring and is acting much more like himself this morning. Yippee! I can spend today NOT being worried about him all day.have a good one!
      -Chrissy

      Delete
  4. I love the short vowel packet. i plan on my kinders using it for read centers. thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you could use it, Kelly! Thanks for stopping by!
    --Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like things that are a little different or have a little twist. Thanks for sharing this word work pack.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much!

Back to Top