My husband and I left Friday for southern California to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. Over the weekend I checked my email and found out I'd been given Versatile Blogger and Liebster Awards. That made me so happy! I'm back home now and can blogstalk and post again.
Let me say thanks to
Traci from Dragonflies in First,
DeAnne from First Grade and Fabulous,
and Deb from Oh My Little Classity Class
for giving me the
I'm also sending a BIG thank you to Jana from Thinking Out Loud for the Liebster Award
Anyway, back to the awards themselves. The rules of the Versatile Blogger are to thank those who gave it to you- THANK YOU! And to say 7 things about yourself, so here it goes:
1. I am mommy to 3 furry babies. Frankie is our 11 (almost 12) year old Holland Lop rabbit. Rabbits generally live 6-8 years, so he's really amazing. Stevie and Selena are 1 1/2 year old cats. Stevie is blind and has hearing problems but continues to amaze us with the things he does. His sister is a sweetheart who used to rush to him anytime he made a sound. But she doesn't feel the need to worry so much and I'm thankful for that.
2. Scared of heights? That's me! I do not, let me say again, do not lean against railings on balconies and do not feel comfortable standing near the edges of platforms or cliffs. In 1994 my husband I were in New York City and went to the top of the World Trade Center. I was scared being up so high even though we were a long way from the edge. This being said, the number 3 thing about me is..
3. A few years ago I got my husband to sky dive with me. I know it seems weird, but it was very scary! Scary things can be fun, though, and this was. We jumped from 13, 500 feet. Once the parachute opened and we were floating, the quiet was amazing and the view incredible. I still didn't lean against the railing outside our 2nd floor hotel room this weekend.
4. I've been married 16 years to my wonderful husband. We met in high school 24 years ago.
5. We lived in New York, just north of Albany for a year and a half.
6. I didn't originally want to be a teacher. I wanted to work in a zoo.
7. This may be obvious by now, but I love animals! My parents had a cat when I was born and I've had pets ever since.
Well, that's a little bit about me. Thanks again to my fabulous bloggy friends. I also get to pass the Versatile Blogger award on to 15 blogs.
I'm giving the Liebster Award to these blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
Couldn't you just spend ALL DAY blogstalking?