Alphabet Exchange 2018 is HERE!


The Alphabet Letter Exchange is back again! I'm a bit later than usual getting it started because my husband and I moved an hour and half from home at the end the of the school year to take of my mother-in-law for the summer. She broke her hip and recovery is slow. I am so excited to be finally getting this started! Registration will close at the end of July to give me time to put group lists together and that information out to you before the craziness of setting up my classroom begins. I may have to close registration early if groups are close to being full. Please follow my blog and social media to stay updated.

**Update as of September 2nd, I am establishing a waiting list for the project. If you are interested in participating, please email me at firstgradefoundme@gmail.com.  

If you've been part of this project in the past, we are doing things the same way except that I am asking teachers to be sure their letters are mailed in September and not to wait if their letter comes up later in their curriculum. I realize you may want to make it part of your letter of the week, but please make this exception and let's get our letters out in September.

If you're interested in the project, please read the info below before registering so that you know what the project is all about. A link to sign up is at the end of this post. Thanks in advance for your interest/participation!

How does the project work?
1. Your class will be assigned a letter of the alphabet.  Print 26 of your letter (cardstock works well but is not required) and decorate them with something that starts with that letter. There are examples from past year on my blog firstgradefoundme.blogspot.com if you’d like to take a look. Have fun and get creative!
2. You'll need to mail 25 of the letters to the members of your group and you'll keep one. Each teacher is responsible for their own postage charges. At the end of the project you should have a complete, unique, student-made alphabet! It is your choice whether you mail the letter in a regular letter-size envelope or larger manila envelope.
In the event that you don’t receive all of your letters, which can happen unfortunately, some teachers have their own students make any missing letters. You might also email your group and find teachers who are willing to have their classes do another letter. But let’s make this the year EVERYONE gets a complete alphabet!
3. Also, please include a short letter about your class, school, and where you live. This is optional but is really fun for the receiving class.

Please email me if you wish to be on the waiting list for this year.
Also, you can follow me on social media so you don't miss any updates. Just click on the pretty little circles in the top right column of my blog so we can stay connected!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

No comments

Your comments mean so much!

Back to Top